NY Workers’ Compensation Injuries
Rehabilitation Medicine Center of New York
Rehabilitation Medicine Center of New York offers exceptional interventional pain management solutions for acute and chronic pain affecting the body, including the neck, back, shoulders, knees, and ankles. We also specialize in treating Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). Doctor Jose F. Colon, MD oversees a team of academically and clinically trained professionals, including sub-specialists.
Exceptional Interventional NY Pain Management
Serving Greater New York City, Northern New Jersey, Long Island, and Westchester. Our convenient location in lower Manhattan is close to the subways, busses & the PATH train station
An Effective Pain Management Approach
- You—your pain, expectations and treatment goals.
- Precise diagnosis—our doctors specialize in precision diagnostics. An accurate diagnosis is the first step to an effective and efficient treatment plan.
- Provide patient-friendly educational materials, including illustrative videos to help you learn about spinal anatomy, conditions and treatments.
- Interventional pain management. Instead of masking pain, we “intervene” to stop and manage pain while you heal.
- Functional rehabilitation. Physical therapy helps you regain and build flexibility, strength and endurance.
- Be available to answer all your questions and address each concern.
Physical therapy (PT) is functional rehabilitation. Therapies help relieve symptoms, such as shoulder pain, back inflammation, joint stiffness, and other causes of pain. PT offers many benefits, including increasing your body's flexibility, range of motion, strength, and endurance. Furthermore, you learn about biomechanics—how to protect your body. Physical therapy offers you the opportunity to improve your functional abilities and quality of life. Read more about physical therapy. Our doctors and your physical therapist work together to make sure your individualized PT program starts you at a comfortable level. As you progress, aspects of your therapy change to meet and challenge your improving levels of function. We want to make sure you acquire a level of physical ability and fitness to go about your activities of daily living, such as full- or part-time work.